SDFSA in the News
The SDFSA runs the occasional media campaign on issues relevant to the interests of its members and the diving community at large. We have had three major media efforts in recent years: Our promotion of the inaugural SA Scuba Week in 2019; our concern over the loss of the Port Noarlunga jetty stairs during the winter storms of 2018; and our interventions from 2003 to 2006 to save the old Rapid Bay jetty, one of the State’s premier dive sites and home to the iconic Leafy seadragon.
- 2019 November 19: ABC Adelaide’s Spence Denny interviews John Bent at the SDFSA Scuba Week
- 2019 November 14: Scuba Divers Federation to host inaugural SA Scuba Week. The Advertiser
- 2019 November 13: Taking a dive into Scuba Week fun. The Messenger – Southern Times (Front page)
- 2018 December 5: Jetty steps destroyed in storm. Southern Times Messenger (p4) (Port Noarlunga)
- 2018 December 4: False step for diving jetty. The Advertiser (p17) (Port Noarlunga)
- 2008 January: The New Rapid Bay Jetty’s Progress. Dive Log Australasia (p7)
- 2006 April 22: Cautious approach to jetty restructure. The Advertiser (p38) (Rapid Bay jetty)
- 2004 Issue #1: Australasia ScubaDiver: Note on the proposed demolition of Rapid Bay Jetty
- 2003 November 19: Jetty repair clash. Souther Times (Front page)
- 2003 : Don’t cut short our jetty. The Advertiser (Rapid Bay)
- 2003 November 5: Rapid Bay jetty in disrepair. The Southern Times (p8)
- 2003 August 16: Endangered: one of our best jetties. The Advertiser (p16) (Rapid Bay)
You can read our regular column in DiveLog Australasia (www.divelog.net.au) and our short news notes published in ScubaDiver ANZ.