The Federation is the peak body for recreational scuba divers, freedivers and snorkellers in South Australia. It is an association of scuba diving shops, clubs, related NGOs and individuals from across the State.
At the 22nd July 2020 Annual General Meeting, members approved a five year strategic plan.
The full plan can be read here.
Read our 2020-21 progress report:
Six strategies will be followed to advance the interests of the Federation.
- Build the membership.
- Strengthen and expand our information, communications and engagement tools.
- Increase promotion and marketing of SDFSA and SA Diving.
- Hold or participate in special events, advocacy campaigns and projects.
- Strengthen the governance and management of the Federation.
- Build the financial resources for the Federation.
We have set a number of “Key Performance Indicators” — targets to achieve by 2025.
- Increase individual membership to 1,000 by 30 June 2025.
- Have 75% of SA shops and clubs as financial members by 30 June 2025.
- Publish 1 major report on the value of diving to the economy of SA.
- By 2025, have an established annual event that brings SA divers together and promotes diving to the general public.
- Undertake 3 significant initiatives — advocacy interventions and special projects — to promote and protect SA diving and the underwater habitat, involving and supporting SA divers.
- By 2025, sustain an annual operating budget of $2500, with special events and initiatives to be fundraised for as needed.