We are looking for an amazing photo of a diver exploring South Australian waters.
SDFSA is designing a new marquee to be used for the Science Alive! Exhibition at the Adelaide showgrounds later this year; and for other events like the opening of the 2020/2021 dive season late November/December. We want the back canvas panel of the tent to be one giant image of a diver or divers – 3 metres by 3 metres.
So we are running a competition! The best photo (selected by the SDFSA Committee) will be the photo on our marquee!
- The photo can be a jetty, reef, wreck or cave dive – anything that shows one or more divers in action, enjoying the beauty of our unique southern environment.
- Doesn’t matter when it was taken.
- Anyone anywhere is eligible to submit – you don’t have to be a South Australian resident, but the photo must have been taken in South Australian waters.
- Because of the size the photo will be enlarged to, the file should be 10mb jpg format (landscape orientation: note that the printer will adjust the image for laser printing on a square canvas 3mX3m). We will also consider smaller files if the printer thinks they will work.
- Permission from the diver(s) in the photograph must be available for the winning photo. Not needed at the time of the submission, but a written acceptance of the use of the diver’s image will be required for the chosen photo.
- No cost to enter. You can submit up to three photos.
- Free promotion (and bragging rights)! The winning photographer will be able to place her/his wordmark in a visible location on the enlarged image for credit and promotion.
- SDFSA will arrange for a print enlargement (A2) of the photo to be delivered to the winning photographer.
How to enter:
- Email your photos to email@example.com. If it is a large file, please compress or send a smaller version, with details on the file size of the original.
- Include your first and last name, and the general location of the photo (eg, Edithburgh jetty).
If you aren’t yet a member of SDFSA, it would be great if you could take the time to join the Federation as well! Membership is free – go to https://sdfsa.net/membership-form/ to sign up.
And be sure to share this competition with all your mates!
Competition closes June 30.