South Australian Photographers are invited to enter their digital photographs in a celebration of scuba diving in South Australia.
Search your files or start taking photos and find something creative, unusual or that tells a story about diving in South Australia. The Scuba Divers Federation of South Australia (SDFSA) is holding its first photo competition in the lead-up to SA Scuba Week, 17-23 November.
- The top 10 winners to be announced at the Splash Party on Saturday evening 23 November 2019.
- First and second prize winners will receive a mounted print of their image.
- Winning photos will be published in the January edition of Scuba Diver magazine.
- These images will also be posted on the SDFSA website www.sdfsa.net and Facebook pages.
Photo Competition Rules:
- Entries are open to photographers residing in South Australia.
- Entries will close at 5:00 pm Wednesday 13 November 2019.
- The photographs can be underwater or topside and:
- should support the ethos of conservation; and
- demonstrate South Australia’s rich marine bio-diversity, maritime archaeology or marine structures such as jetties.
- Each entrant is limited to submitting 6 images.
- An entrance fee of $10 per image applies, to be paid via EFT to:
Account name: Scuba Divers Federation SA Inc BSB: 105 900 Account No: 952451440
- Photographs must be taken between 1 October 2018 and 13 November 2019.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appears. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimisation eg cropping, dust spotting, exposure adjustment, colour and contrast etc) will be disqualified. Black and White conversion is permissible.
- Images to be submitted with a copy of the EFT transfer of the entrance fee paid to Heather Petty firstname.lastname@example.org via WeTransfer https://wetransfer.com/ Note: WeTransfer is free software suitable for transferring large files.
- Each image should have a title, date and identify where it was taken.
- All images submitted should be large high resolution JPEG files suitable for printing at a minimum A4 size or larger.
- All Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Organiser and not at the time of transmission by the Entrant.
- Photos must be the work of the photographer who enters the competition.
- If you choose to include people in your photographs you may be requested to submit model clearances to the SDFSA.
- Photographs must not infringe the copyright of other works of art or photography.
- Judges decisions will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Copyright and intellectual property of the images remains with the photographer.
- By participating the entrant grants a perpetual and irrevocable licence to the Scuba Diving Federation of South Australia to copy and publish their submission (including any photograph or text) or part of it for any purpose. The SDFSA may publish your work on its website, social media sites or in print or digital publication.
- Judging will be based on creativity, style and representation of scuba related activities in SA.
- Judges panel will comprise of three scuba diver/ photographers based in South Australia.
- The SDFSA will not be responsible for any injury, loss, or damage caused by or in connection with this competition.
- SDFSA committee members and judges are not permitted to enter the competition.
For any queries in relation to this Photographic Competition please contact:
SDFSA Committee Member
Phone: 0412 946 336