Scuba Divers Federation of South Australia Events
SDFSA holds events throughout the year to bring together divers, snorkelers and all others interested in the sport and the marine environment.
SA Scuba Week
The inaugural SDFSA SA Scuba Week will be held from 17th– 23rd of November 2019. SA Scuba Week has been established to bring together the South Australian SCUBA, free-diving and snorkelling community to promote camaraderie, to showcase our sport in order to encourage others to participate, and to celebrate South Australia’s unique marine and freshwater environments for diving.
Events during SA Scuba Week will include:
- Splash Hunt: The week will be launched on Sunday 17th November with a series of coordinated dives across various SA dive sites and will include a Spud Hunt. Diving related information booths will be set up at Port Noarlunga during the day.
- Photographic Competition: SA photographers are invited to enter their digital photographs in a celebration of scuba diving in South Australia. Open from now until Thursday 31st October. Click here for further information.
- Twin Hose Tuesday: to be held at Port Noarlunga on 19th November
- Splash Inn: To be held at the Holiday Inn Express, Adelaide on Wednesday 20th November, this is an informative evening on diving related topics, with guest speakers. A great networking opportunity.
- A state-wide fish count, in partnership with Reefwatch SA and Experiencing Marine Sanctuaries.
- A media blitz, with articles in local papers and magazines about the Federation and diving in SA.
- An historical dive gear exhibition
- The Splash Party: Dress up in your finery on the evening of Saturday 23rd November, come along and be entertained by one of Adelaide’s finest party bands, The Smarty Boys. Mingle with other SDFSA members, make friends and generally have a good fun night. Silent auctions will be held throughout the evening with profits being donated to the Sea Rescue Squadron of SA.
- Other events to be announced