Scuba Divers Federation of South Australia Events
SDFSA holds events throughout the year to bring together divers, snorkelers and all others interested in the sport and the marine environment.
SA Scuba Week
The inaugural SDFSA SA Scuba Week will be held from 17-23 of November 2019. SA Scuba Week has been established to bring together the South Australian SCUBA, free-diving and snorkelling community to promote camaraderie, to showcase our sport in order to encourage others to participate, and to celebrate South Australia’s unique marine and freshwater environments for diving.
Events during SA Scuba Week will include:
- Splash Hunt: The week will be launched on Sunday 17th November with a series of coordinated dives across various SA dive sites and will include a Spud Hunt. Diving related information booths will be set up at Port Noarlunga during the day.
- Twin Hose Tuesday: to be held at Port Noarlunga on Tuesday 19th
- Splash Inn: An informative evening on diving related topics, with guest speakers. A great networking opportunity.
- A state-wide fish count, in partnership with Reefwatch SA and Experiencing Marine Sanctuaries.
- A media blitz, with articles in local papers and magazines about the Federation and diving in SA.
- An historical dive gear exhibition
- The Splash Party: An evening to bring together all the SDFSA members, dive clubs and other interested parties for a night of fun and dancing. Silent auctions will be held throughout the evening. All profits will be donated to the Sea Rescue Squadron of SA.
- Other events to be announced