Scuba Divers Federation of South Australia
Strategic Plan and Operations
What is the Scuba Divers Federation of South Australia (SDFSA)?
SDFSA is the peak body for recreational scuba divers, freedivers and snorkellers in South Australia. It is an association of scuba diving shops, clubs, related NGOs and individuals from across the State.The SDFSA Constitution sets out the rules for the management of the organisation as it pursues its goals, objectives and key issues. A volunteer management committee is elected annually at the Annual General Meeting from the membership by the voting members of the Federation.
SDFSA Strategic Plan
At the 22nd July 2020 Annual General Meeting, members approved a five year strategic plan.
The full plan can be read here. And our progress reports:
Six strategies will be followed to advance the interests of the Federation.
- Build the membership.
- Strengthen and expand our information, communications and engagement tools.
- Increase promotion and marketing of SDFSA and SA Diving.
- Hold or participate in special events, advocacy campaigns and projects.
- Strengthen the governance and management of the Federation.
- Build the financial resources for the Federation.
We have set a number of “Key Performance Indicators” — targets to achieve by 2025.
- Increase individual membership to 1,000 by 30 June 2025.
- Have 75% of SA shops and clubs as financial members by 30 June 2025.
- Publish 1 major report on the value of diving to the economy of SA.
- By 2025, have an established annual event that brings SA divers together and promotes diving to the general public.
- Undertake 3 significant initiatives — advocacy interventions and special projects — to promote and protect SA diving and the underwater habitat, involving and supporting SA divers.
- By 2025, sustain an annual operating budget of $2500, with special events and initiatives to be fundraised for as needed.
SDFSA Constitution and Bylaws
SDFSA Committee meetings are held in the Arab Steed Hotel, 241 Hutt Street, Adelaide at 7pm on the fourth Wednesday of each month from January to November. All SDFSA members are welcome to attend.
The Annual General Meeting is usually held in July.